Wednesday 16 November 2011

Flights booked

We had been keeping an eye on the cost of flights and we decided to book the cheapest flight we found which leaves on December 31st in the evening!  We're going with Cathay Pacific and we're only allowed 20 kilos per person (NO more!) and one carry on.  So we've had to really limit what we can bring with us. I can't believe it has come this far.  We will stay in a cheap motel for one week when we arrive.  The plan is to go and show our documents to get access to our bank account, get our tax number, buy a car (which I'm dreading so I hope it's not painful) and see about trading in the driver's licenses.  Then we plan to go camping at a reasonably priced camping area in Tauranga until we get access to the house.  Since we still don't know when we can get access to the house, we don't know how long we can book the camping place for.

Now I'm working on keeping my medical benefits here which is proving to be a bit tricky, but I won't worry about that for too long.

We have something else in the picture too, but that will be staying out of the picture for at least another few months so we can focus on this move first.

Our news of moving will become public knowledge (to my current class and parents) this Friday.  OH can't wait to post it on facebook.  Then this no longer has to be a secret.

Now I will start writing to the housing company to see if I can push them into providing me any sort of answer as to when we can have access to the house.  Fingers crossed me writing directly can get somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment