Sunday 2 October 2011

Too early for news yet

Last Tuesday, I received an email from our case working mentioning she received our passports, but is still waiting on the signed missing paper.  Tuesday evening I wrote to the centre to ask if they received my signed missing paper and if they could send it registered post if they hadn't already sent it.  They replied that they had received it and were getting it in the post today.  So I immediately wrote back to immigration so she'd know.  I also asked her to please tell me when it arrives.

So I'm thinking how long can the post take from NZ to London and then how long it takes for the London office to open the post and pass on the contract to my case worker.  I'm really hoping by this Wednesday she will have the signed missing paper.  Then I'm estimating another two weeks from there to get the final answer.  So really all in all I'm really hoping by the middle of October to have an answer.  Then we can get on with the real planning and thought process which will be the more exciting part.  So much to do and I'm looking forward to every bit of it!  My husband it so excited and can't wait.  I'm keeping it all in check somewhat until we get a final answer.

This weekend however, I did go through the box of books I packed and thought we'd take with us and I got copies of the books for my reader instead and decided to give all the books away, keeping only those books I'd be sad not to have kept which left giving away at least 50+ books and keeping about 10.  We do have a moving company coming to give us a quote in two weeks so I'm hoping we can pack some things so we can get a realistic quote.  We already have one quote from a company, but they haven't visited us yet so I'm hoping their quote is a realistic one as well.  We first thought we'd buy everything there, but considering there are some things I want to keep and considering the house we will get will be unfurnished, we decided it would be cheaper just to get our things shipped.  I'm quite happy about that considering it took me a long time when I moved into the apartment I'm living in to go ahead and get the leather (fake, but very very comfortable) sofa I always wanted, the biggest bed possible which also took many hours thinking what to get, but knowing I always wanted the biggest there was and the thought to give them up and start over again was a bit disappointing.  But - no need to worry about that anymore.  They will travel with us :)

So I'm hoping the next time I write on this immigration will confirm they will have received my contract and then it's only the answer we're waiting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment