Saturday 28 January 2012

A few weeks short of our first month....

It turned out the charges from the shipping company were never included from the Swedish side.  I did find an old email when I was first corresponding with the Swedish side and it was clearly stated.  It's just too bad they didn't clearly state it on the invoice when I was paying.  Our belongings passed inspection and was released last Wednesday to the shipping company on this side (Conroy).  I had hoped they would have delivered to us by last Friday, but nope, they said possibly this coming Thursday.  They will call us the day before. 

I'm hoping the days fly back at the job I'm at now.  We're very lucky to have such a nice neighbour who has been great to talk to and offers all sorts of advice.  She has a wonderful sense of humour as well and we get along great.  She drove us to Taupo last weekend to show us around with her cute little son (who is also in the same daycare I'm working at, but he is on the baby side while I work with the 3-5 year olds, technically the 2 1/2 - 4 year olds).  We spent the day in Taupo and since it was a 3 day weekend for us here last weekend we drove ourselves to Palmerston North on the Monday to see John's school.  Most things were closed, but it was nice to be able to see where he will be going to school.  We ate lunch and had a quick look around the mall, bought John a new wedding band as somewhere in the move he lost his.

I suppose I'm somewhat getting used to the cold, but not enjoying it one bit.  I think I'm too spoiled by the indoor warmth in Sweden that until we can get our final destination to be close to that I'm going to complain of the cold until then.  Being outside though is lovely, especially when the sun is out as it gets so hot!  Most of the evenings we go over to our neighbour, sit there having tea and a chat and then by the time we get home it's bed time under our electric throw which my lovely colleague loaned us until we get what we need.

In our garden we're growing all sorts of vegetables left by the previous owner of this house and some things we've planted ourselves.  We have already had rubbarb, lettuce, strawberries and chives.  We have now planted parsley, lettuce, corriandor and beans.  Our kind neighbour grows three sorts of lettuce, silverbeat, parsley and tomatoes which aren't doing so well.  We are then sharing with each other which is great. 

We've been meaning to get around to meeting our neighbour on the other side of us, but he never seems to be home (though we did see his car and dog there today).  Also, we've simply been enjoying our time with the one neighbour who is home in the evenings and her little boy so we've not gotten around to putting more of an effort.

Now I'm off to find some kind of dessert to make!


Just a few pictures from Taupo....

No comments:

Post a Comment