Friday 3 February 2012

Our things have finally arrived....

Our belongings were supposed to arrive Thursday, but around 16 the delivery driver called to say he wouldn't make it, but would Friday at 8.30 in the morning work.  I said of course.  At least they have been pretty good about calling and keeping me informed so I won't complain about that part.  Friday morning 1 delivery guy arrived.  That made me angry when John told me because he ended up helping, of course because he offered, but still after all the money we paid you'd figure they'd send at least 2 people to carry all the things.  I know there is really no way this one guy could have carried (without dragging) all the things we had.  Okay, since the furniture was well wrapped, maybe he would have dragged without damaging anything, but that's a lot of work to expect one person to do!  Lucky John was home to help because otherwise he'd have been on his own.  Our couch was too big to fit in the very small doorframes here so that is now sitting in the garage.  It was really nice to sleep in our own bed again last night.  We don't plan to unpack all the boxes at all since we really don't plan to live here long term, not that I have now seen the beautiful town of Palmerston North and of course that is where John will be studying for the next 4 years so we will have to find a solution so I can get there too :)  So we'll take out the neccessary things we need from the boxes and everything else will stay packed.  It's also fun to have our tv again if not for the shows, then simply for the sound in the background.

So I have a few more days where John is home and it's a three day weekend here.  Then he leaves on Monday evening for Palmerston North, but he comes back home again Thursday evening so it won't be too too bad.  I'm counting my 3 month period so I don't feel I must do what I'm doing.  I want to know what I'm doing is for me and without restrictions so another week and one month is done!  So far I'm supposed to be keeping my salary slips and well the job has only provided me with one and there seems to be a problem getting the 2nd one (sigh) as they say it got emailed and they can't back track.  Well I hope when that time comes immigration understands it and I'm going to still try to get them to back track so I can have my slips!

Otherwise, it's been not as cold in the house as to when we first arrived and I've learned very quickly how to light the fire so I'm very proud of myself that it doesn't take 45 minutes anymore, but can be done in minutes.  We've sort of given up on the chippy in the kitchen, more of less because we really haven't needed it and on top of that the job still hasn't delivered or arranged my first load of free wood.  I hate nagging, but I'm going to have to follow up on that... once again. 

Well it's been a very lazy Saturday morning for me and I suppose it's time to hop out of bed, get breakfast and look through more of our boxes for other goodies we might need :)

No comments:

Post a Comment