Tuesday 10 April 2012

Palmy! Here we come....

Well I've handed in my notice at the daycare, if I didn't mention that last time.  We got the approval for an apartment this afternoon, which we'd been waiting on all day for.  We drove this past weekend to Palmy so I could have a look at both apartments we had narrowed it down to or two that really matched what we were looking for with room for our belongings.  I only got to see them from the outside as it was John who went to the viewings.  I actually quite liked the one we picked even if it'll mean noisy neighbours.  That's ok, at least we'll have company.  It's a 2 bedroom complex with an upstairs and downstairs.  John says our two new dressers will not fit upstairs so that's going to be a real pain.  However, I'm absolutely thrilled to be moving!  I wish I had more time off from work with the move to "relax," but I can't have everything. 

We have a mover guy coming on Friday so John & him will move while I'm at work.  After work I'll drive to Palmy for the weekend and come back here Sunday evening to stay with our kind neighbours until Tuesday since Tuesday is my last day.  Wednesday I'm off to the new job and it's a while for holidays for me then.

So now, I'm really hoping something changes and I love the new job and find this is where we want to live.  Then I have to hope a permanent teaching job opens up for me.  It would be great if this school decides they want me to stay, just because it is only an hour from Palmy and I'll have just gotten settled when my contract will be up.  I also hope our new apartment can be kept warm because I definitely don't want to continue living with the cold that I've been living with so far. 

So internet, phone, electricity company have all been notified and changes made.  Change of address is done.  Now it's just to get through the next week of daycare.  Let's just say that my mind is elsewhere and not there, even if I am still doing my job.  I've been studying the new curriculum and all the books I got from the new school to prepare myself as best I can.  I've prepared a class blog and some online games for the children with special needs that might need that extra help.  So I'm pretty excited what I've done. 

Now I'm off to relax and read a bit before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment