Wednesday 22 August 2012

Today was a great day!

I'm still living in mazes with what I'm writing only because this is public, but today was a great day, went exactly as hoped and now we're looking forward to December because that is when I will publish our news publically as well as to people we know.  I suppose our trip to New Zealand brought along something great after all and as much as I am really looking forward to getting back to Sweden, now I'm just going to enjoy time.  I still am looking forward to getting into the last term at work because I'm hoping things will start winding down and I won't feel the stress of all the planning. 

The carpooling to Wanganui is nice even if it's not always easy relying on a 2nd person.  Also considering our time differences in the afternoons with me finishing at 3pm and her finishing at 4.30 pm, not out of work until almost 5 most days, it doesn't leave me getting out of early from work too many days.  Luckily I'd choose to carpool pretty much anytime over having to do that drive by myself.  It was fine in the beginning and it's nice an odd time where I can come home early, but it's still nice for the company, savings on gas and not having to be responsible to drive all the time.

I still have to say we haven't seen much of New Zealand and I can't say I'm keen to.  I wouldn't mind going to do whale watching, but that's about it.  Between my drive from Palmy to Wanganui everyday I've seen enough of nature with cows, sheeps and chickens, along with all the land and mountains on the side.  I'd probably appreciate it more if I didn't have to be up at 5.30, leave by 6.20 and home again by 6pm.  However, doing that kind of drive everyday just makes me want to go back to what we had in Sweden. 

On October 1st the shipping company comes to pick up all our things so we haven't started packing yet, but I'm sure somewhere in September we'll have to start doing that.  We were debating on doing something that week, but we've made no plans at all.  I know John would be quite happy to sit home, but I think it could be a good time to do something so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment