Monday 16 May 2011

Feelings of....

First excitement as we got our EOI chosen the day after sending it in.

Disappointment as they told us I calculated the points wrong that I sent in and we would be put back in the pool.  I have a teaching degree Elementary School pre-k to grade 6 and Special Education pre-k to grade 12, but I applied under the Early Childhood Category which is considered 0-5 years of age in NZ.  My degree starts in the middle of that.  I sent in a letter from my university saying my degree was pre-k, etc. to London Branch to the guy who was saying we would be put back in the pool.  OH is studying to be a teacher so no points collected on his part.

Shock/excitement as I received an email saying thank you for the letter (from the university) and they were pleased to send us an ITA (application to apply).

Excitement as all papers were sent off to NZQA - decided to get one of my passports updated with my name after getting married.  Didn't realise it would take a long time (or at least feels that way).

Impatience as the NZQA is really taking the 35 working days they state (shouldn't shock me, but it does).

Scared as I'm finding out many things about Early Childhood and how there's a risk my degree doesn't get approved under that category since it starts in the middle and not from birth.

Worried - what if it doesn't get approved under the Early Childhood Category from NZQA  - what will immigration do?

More impatience as I wonder - as long as immigration doesn't deny us some sort of visa whether it be WTR or even better PR we'll be grateful - we're sure we can make it work.

Yeah! 16/05/2011 - NZQA has completed the evaluation, now I just need to wait for their quality check and for them to sign off and notify me.  Soon we can get the ball rolling for real....

2 comments:

  1. Hi i did graduate diploma in teaching primay level-7 from newzealand.i am registered from teacher council.i am working in pre-school in nz.I am here on work permit.i want to apply for permanent residency.can immigration nz consider my qualification comparable in earlychildhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know that if your degree isn't completed in Early Childhood directly (as I also have grades pre-k to grade 6 and higher for Special Education) it is not considered Early Childhood. On the other hand, the law in NZ allows primary school teachers to work in Early Childhood. That being said the schools who hire primary school teachers do not earn money from the government (or something along those lines) for a primary school teacher being hired. This will be new for me because I will be sending in my application soon for permanent residency with a degree that is recongised as a primary school teacher (rather than Early Childhood as I stated on my application) so I will see how strict immigration is. My papers from NZQA however do point out I can apply for jobs in Early Childhood so that might help my case. If you are working in a pre-school, you might at least be able to claim working experience in the shortage area (I am not since I am not working and have not really worked in that area).

    ReplyDelete