Sunday 19 February 2012

Time moves slowly in one way and quickly in another...

The days themselves seem to be going by very quickly, yet the time at the daycare is going very slowly.  I hate when John leaves for Palmy and I love seeing him coming in the door on Thursday evenings.  We spend out weekends baking, cooking dinners, been to the gym once, however now we go to the gym to take a hot hot shower - figure may as well get the most out of this place while we have it so we don't have to turn on our hot water tank and waste our electricity.  It sounds crazy, but it's so close by and it's a heck of a lot quicker than waiting for our tank to warm up.  This weekend there was a market day and about all of 4 small tables were there which took us 2 minutes to look around.  Then we decided to go to the Army Museum.  Considering we have Army defense id's we got in for free.  We spent an hour looking around, went to the child's room to dress up and play army guys (we were the only people in it thank god or the kids would have looked at us like we were crazy) and then we left.  We stopped across the street at a little coffee shop and had a very late breakfast of scones and juice and I will leave off the part that I ate a hash brown potato.  After that we went home - apparently I left my handbag there with my wallet, but luckily didn't notice until I was about to head to the gym with John today.  Then I panicked and lucky lucky me as soon as I walked in they recognised me and had my handbag which someone turned in!  There was only 20 dollars in it, but all my id's and visa card and EPTOS card (which is the equivalent of a debit card, but is not a visa).  I was so relieved to get my bag back.  I'm so happy for people's honesty.

Now my goal at work for the next few weeks is to keep quiet, get earplugs and get through the day.  I won't write anything compromising for my own sake here about my job, but it is simply not for me.  I'm just not happy there and since I'm not happy I find myself just frustrated daily about it. 

Now my fingers are crossed that term 2 can bring something new for me to actually enjoy - we'll have to see.  This time I'm in the country so hopefully it's not as hard as being out of the country.  My lovely Nanny when I called her today said she'd light some candles and pray for me and she'd ask everyone else to do so for me as well.  Hopefully with a whole town praying for me god might listen and help me out :p

No comments:

Post a Comment