Saturday 10 March 2012

1st down and possibly a million more to go...

I visited my first school and went through the 1st interview.  I absolutely loved the school and can't describe how I feel I'm perfectly suited for it since it is soooo similar to my last school I worked at.  Now if only they can feel the same way.  I was very nervous, but answered all questions honestly and felt I did a great job.  What might come against me is not having NZ curriculum experience, but I've read through it and it seems to be very simply and similar to what I've already worked with.  So now when my phone rings, it'll be the news I'm waiting for - either a yes or a no.  Every part of my body has parts crossed just hoping the answer is a yes!  Beginning next week I've completed 2 months where I'm at and I'll be breaking in my last and final month for immigration.  Then I'll get the letter ready for my employer to sign and John will be in to immigration in Palmerston the Monday after my 3 months to hand it all in personally.  We know they won't sign it off right then and there, but at least we will know they have it in their hands.  I just had a colleague go through the same thing and it took her 3 weeks to get it.  On the other hand she sent it to her agent first who then sent it into immigration before she got it.  I can't write too much about the school since it was only 1 interview and I don't have an answer.  It'll only make sense to write once something becomes of it.... or not.  So fingers crossed and lots of prayers for me this week - and that's even if they make their decision this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment